Nov 23, 2010 at 1:58 AM
As we approach becoming feature complete, I have decided to announce what we will be shifting our focus to.
First up is unit testing. I promised I would have awesome unit tests, and I will. I need to find a good testing platform still, and then we'll have at it. Recently there was an error which cascaded all over the place, and it was all because I changed how
equality works with Integer. It should've been evaluating referential equality, when it was effectively using value equality in its own method. A bit of a silly thing, but it broke every operator overload just about and it was a lot of fixing that resulted.
Second is documentation. I'll be writing a formal API documentation outline and make it independent of the actual binary. This will hopefully be able to benefit us by allowing us to generate MSDN style pages for our documentation. I'm going to do a bit of
research on how to go about making it look all nice, and I'll ensure it is consistent with functionality and the writing style.
Last but not least, code auditing. I'll be doing large audits once everything is finalized. These audits will be broken down into several phases. The first is correctness, the second is consistency, the third is expected behavior, the fourth is security,
and the fifth is overall purity. These audits should prepare the library for its final release stage and ensure that everything is as bug free as possible. This will sort of be tied into unit test development and all that.
A quick note, we're going to be aiming for 100% code coverage with our unit tests. Hopefully I can do something neat and generate a function graph of code coverage and share this with you all as development continues. If you have any comments, questions,
or suggestions, just let me know here and I'll address them as best as I can.